Maintenance Checklist For Solar Panel Systems: Monitoring, Solar Panel Cleaning, solar Repairs and Replacements)
This maintenance checklist for solar panel systems summarizes the important points, which must be taken into consideration.
A) PV Maintenance contracts
Maintenance contracts for solar panel systems can be easily compared using the following points:
1. Is the remote monitoring for the solar PV system a part of the maintenance contract?
2. Is there also an event-related visual inspection (for example after thunder or hailstorm)?
3. How often does the maintenance take place? (The standard is every year or two years)
4. Which PV components are subject to the maintenance contract?
- Solar PV panels (including junction boxes)
- Solar power Inverter
- PV mounting system
5. Does the troubleshooting belong to the maintenance contract, or should be paid for as an extra? (If yes, is there restrictions?)
6. Do the small repairs or the replacement of the consumables belong to the maintenance contract?
7. Is an emergency service, in the case of a partial or total failure of components, provided?
8. Has a written protocol been made?
9. What are the costs of the maintenance contract?
B) Cleaning Solar Panels
- Is the location of the solar PV system with heavy soiling expected? (Heavy traffic, agricultural activities, )
- Is the angle of inclination of the solar PV system very flat? (Then, it is to be expected with more need of solar panel cleaning).
- Are the solar PV panels easy to reach? (For example, with the aid of a telescopic rod from the ground or roof windows).
- What are the costs of the solar panel cleaning, according to the offer of the specialist company?
C) Repairs of the solar PV systems
- Is there a warranty extension for the solar power inverter?
- Does the insurance of the solar PV system cover the repair costs in the case of glass breakage or the like?
- Does the inverter or solar panel manufacturer bear the repair or the exchange costs in case of damage?
- How expensive are the repair quotes?
- How fast can the repair or a replacement of the solar power inverter and solar modules be made? (every day without yield reduces the revenues)
please read this updated article about maintenance checklist and some tips for cleaning your PV