One of the most attractive aspects of solar photovoltaic cells is that they require very little maintenance in exchange for decades of service. before installing any PV panels you should always consider in your mind that your system will need regular checkout and maintenance.
this list is an update and for the already existing article on our website your can read : click here
Solar panel maintenance checklist
- Check your online monitoring system. many of solar PV manufacturing are offering and online monitoring system. this systems help you to keep track on your output, by spotting sudden drop in any value can be caused by malfunctions, keep in mind impact of weather.
- Beware of any new shadows. Shading is a disadvantage of PV, pay attention to any trees that have overgrowth since the installation of the system, and trim them if necessary.
- cleaning must be regular . Sloping roof installations are mostly washed with natural rainfall, but those with flat roofs or areas with high pollution or debris should be washed regularly, not daily or weekly, but keep your eyes on theme and keep watching your output. if you see any drop in value, the dust maybe the reason for that !
- Control any pests. Unfortunately, solar panels can be a home to attract animals. Birds-especially pigeons-sometimes try to build nests under them, which can cause harm. Anti-bird measures will prevent this situation. If infested, you may also find that rats or squirrels cause problems with the internal wiring of the loft.
- Replace the inverter. Depending on the model and environmental conditions, you can expect the service life of the inverter to be approximately 10 to 20 years. Since this is not as long as a panel, you should budget for inverter replacement at some point during the life of the system.
- Keep maintenance logs. Just like you are in a car, if there are any problems that need to be diagnosed in the future, it will also be very useful to record all the maintenance of the system (from inspection to cleaning or component replacement), this will help also with monitoring the coast of operation to know if you have a very Efficient system.
How to clean solar panels
We always encourage you to hire professional PV cleaning service ,because it is the safest way, But if you want to try it yourself, you can follow this useful tips
- The best time for cleaning your Solar PV is late spring or late summer after the pollen has settled, of course this not a rule, and you can always take fast cleaning round and remove the dust using air or water.
- Choose a cool day or start early in the morning before the panels are heated. the laws of the physics must be respected
- First, use a dry brush to remove large debris such as fallen leaves.
- Gently scrub the surface with warm (not hot) water or mild soapy water to remove dust, dirt and feces.
- Use the spray on the hose (not the pressure washer) to flush the panel.
- Wipe dry with a wiper or microfiber cloth.
- don’t use any harsh material on your PV